Friday, April 16, 2010

Sappho Books, Cafe & WIne Bar


Name: Sappho Books, Cafe, & Wine Bar
Suburb: Glebe
Style: 2nd hand books

Food Recommendation:
Florentine: We both ordered baked eggs. This was my first experience of baked eggs, but I really enjoyed them. I didn't love the choices on the menu. There wasn't much variety. They only had two egg options...that's just not enough. The coffee was very good...Toby's Estate. Not the type of place I felt comfortable rearranging any item on their menu. The disappointment was with the limited selection.

Atmosphere:Florentine: Loved it. I appreciate the unexpected...walking into this bookstore I didn't think that the above picture is what it would look like out the back. The back courtyard was very fun...loved sitting back there. It was a bit like a jungle. I have an obsession with 2nd hand books...so i loved the book shop...it was my favourite part of this one.
Benedict: This was the type of cafe you could stay all day and feel welcome! Enjoy good coffee, read a book, make a friend! I enjoyed the little surprise around every corner, especially the unique pictures of people on the table numbers!

Intelligence ratio: 20/24 (again...its a bookstore)
(Based on number of people wearing glasses, or having book or newspaper in their possession compared to the total population)

Attractiveness of people: Good
(low, average, good, very good, excellent)

Likelihood of picking up a date: I suggest hanging around in your favorite book section and striking up a conversation with some with similar interests. You just might get lucky.
I walked away with 3 vintage vinyl records (Bon Jovi, Bruce Springsten, and The Rolling Stones) So It was a score for me!

Bounce rate: I might not come back much for the food, but I will return for the books for sure.

Find them:

No comments:

Post a Comment